Wednesday, June 10, 2009

loving the fort's bike trails....

I've really fallen in love with a lot of things about Fort Worth and one of them
is the underused bike trails along the Trinity River. When I lived in Eugene, the trails
were always packed with people going to work, store, friends, wherever....I loved
that so many people used their bikes to get around the city but here I can go for miles on the trails and pass maybe three folks, a couple of dogs, a nutria and maybe a turtle or two. I've watched snakes play dead, herons fish, and hawks hunting.  It's so peaceful and I just love it.

This first photo is the very end of the trail.  You go under a bridge and suddenly it just dead ends into this pretty little wooded area.  My twins are going to summer camp just on the other side of the river.  Lucky boys!





1 comment:

  1. I have to admit I was skeptical when you talked about how pretty it is. But I saw it for myself and you were right! I sooo wished I had my camera with me on the trail. I will be taking photos on our next ride.

    ReplyDelete